Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update on goals

Time keeps flying by--almost 2 months into the new year.  It is hard to see progress on my goals.  I have worked out at Curves more dependably since New Year's.  This mostly because Hubby is going with me now. He certainly works harder and gets more from a work out than I do.  But at least I am moving those muscles.

I have fallen short on the Bible Reading Program.  It's not that I haven't been reading and studying the Bible because I have. It's just that I have been doing the reading and studying for our Adult class on Sunday morning. We started at Gen.1 and are progressing through the Bible.  I think it is a 3 year study, so it is a more in depth study than just reading through.  I really should get back on track with the daily Bible reading also.  I have learned a lot with our Bible Class study so far though.  We have studied creation, Noah and the flood, Abraham. Lot, and the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah, Isaac, Jacob and Esau, and this week--Jacob's family.  It is all centered on faith.
We  attended a home Bible study last Saturday night at Neal and Susie Wilson's.  Neal is an elder at Southside Church of Christ here in Silsbee.  The study was well attended, and a young man named Tony directed the study from I Kings about Rehoboham and Jeroboham.  Good study.  I wonder how often we like Rehoboham seek out advice from those who will tell us what we want to hear instead of listening to those who tell us what we need to hear.

As far as the cleaning project goes we have made progress in re-arranging and re-organizing our store. It has not been done as consistently as I had hoped. But the actual shop space is looking better all ready. We plan on having a garage sale this weekend.  I hope the weather will be agreeable to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment